Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Interviews...

So I got called today for a couple different job interviews at Tinker Air Force Base. I've got one interview Thursday afternoon for a human resources assistant position, and one on Monday for a secretary position. The secretary job is for the DLA (Defense Logistics Agency), which I've heard would be awesome to get in with, but the human resources gig would be cool too since I'd see all new government job postings first. There is childcare on base and I think it's pretty reasonably priced, so that could work out ok for Caleb. I like the idea of being close by and being able to see him on lunch breaks.

I also met with a college adviser about the school psychology program and that could be a really good path for me too. Since my degree is already in psychology, it wouldn't take me as long to get my master's, but it would still take awhile. There are also some job possibilities my adviser told me about with a preschool that would count toward the degree, plus Caleb may be able to go for free, so that's interesting too. Oh, and Oklahoma would reimburse my tuition once I complete my certification since there's a high demand for school psych's.

My head is still spinning with all the info. The bottom line is that I want to find something really secure and decent paying, but not take me away from Caleb too much. My military time will count toward a government job so I could retire early from one of those, plus I hear that once you're in, you're in, so that sounds good too.

I'm going to be praying hard for God to make my choices clear and for the right doors to open and for the wrong ones to be very obviously wrong.

I appreciate your continued prayers and support, and will keep ya'll posted on what happens.

No comments: