Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Game Plan...

After researching more into the dental hygienist program I discovered that it's not going to work. It's a hard program to get into, but more than that, it's very time consuming and won't work with my schedule now that I'm a momma.

So I've decided to go ahead with the school psychology program. They want me in the program, a ton of my bachelor's degree stuff will transfer over, there's a huge need for school psychologists, the pay is good, my schedule will be the same as Caleb's when he starts school, what's left of my GI bill should cover it, and the state of Oklahoma will reimburse my tuition once I finish my license and start working here. Seems like a pretty easy decision huh? I think my new job will be flexible as far as my work schedule goes, so I think it'll all work out. The main thing is that I won't be away from Caleb too much, and I can be working toward a good future for the two of us.

Now, all of this being said, I realize that God may have a different plan in mind and all of this could change yet again, but as of right now, this is the goal I'm going to start working for. If one of the millions of government jobs I've applied for comes through, I'll have to rethink some stuff, but after everything I've looked into, which is A LOT, I think this is the best fit.

I got a call yesterday from the school I got my job at offering me the job AGAIN. I thought that was funny. I should know more about the hours, pay, and when I start exactly next week. During the time before I start, I'll be taking some grad school test that's required, applying to the graduate school at UCO, trying to collect my transcripts from the bazillion colleges I've attended, and trying to get my academic schedule laid out. My adviser is amazing, so I'm excited to be dealing with someone I feel really knows what they're doing and can help me get it all going.

I'm moving along.... :-)

No comments: