Friday, June 20, 2008

Got a job!

I interviewed this morning for a teaching assistant position in downtown OKC for an online only high school called Advanced Academics. It's a sweet location in a really cool building! I met with the English department teachers, which were so nice, then talked to the principal who was awesome too. They kept me there for almost two hours this morning just talking and showing me everything so I figured I would probably get an offer. I got offered the job within an hour of leaving.

It's a part-time job, 20-25 hours a week, but the hours are later afternoon into the evening, so I could stay home with Caleb all day, and then my family and possibly a babysitter or two could help watch him for a few hours in the evening. I'd still be home in time for bath time and bedtime. I wouldn't have considered part-time originally, however, even with only 20 hours a week I get full benefits! We're talking medical, dental, vision, insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and even free classes at Devry University if I choose. The pay isn't too bad either. This won't be a forever job, but it'll be great for awhile until I figure out exactly what career path I need to be on. I'm still applying for the government jobs, but there's no telling if or when that may happen, or even if that's what God intends for me. There was just no question in my mind this morning that this was the right job for right now.

I'll probably be starting mid-July, so I still have a little time to enjoy just being a momma. Thanks for the continued prayers everybody. I know God hears it all and is going to work it all for me and Caleb for good.

p.s.- Just checked my email and got a response from the state of Oklahoma saying one of my job applications was approved and I need to go take a written test next week. This one could pay really well, so why not? Can't hurt to take the test right? :-)

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Jenny! That's wonderful!!!! God truely has his watch on you right now. You deserve this so much! Will try to call you back today.