Saturday, June 28, 2008

Call me Forest Gump...

I just feel like running lately. I've been going to the gym running on the treadmill and it's been surprisingly easy for me. Not that I'm not getting a good workout and that it's not challenging, but my knee has been holding up well and my endurance has been better.

So anyway, I called Lainee, my sister-in-law, this morning and asked her if she wanted to sign up for some upcoming races at Lake Hefner. There's a 5K or 10K (I'm shooting for the 10K) in September and an 8K Thanksgiving day called the Turkey Trot! She said she's on board and my friend Tara may be too, so I'm putting it on my blog letting everyone know so we can't wimp out.

My best friend in Washington DC, Jessica, kind of inspired me. She and her husband trained for months for a marathon and I just couldn't get over how dedicated she was and how hard she worked to get ready for it. I'm not wanting to do the marathon thing, at least not yet, but I wanted her to know how amazing I think she is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turkey Trot races are fun. My family did one a couple years ago. THen we had some pecan pie later and didn't have to feel guilty. ha ha! seriously though, that's a good goal to aim for! I would love to shoot for a triathlon some day!