Thursday, February 26, 2009

Future Pilot!

Well, that's all she wrote.... There's no changing Caleb's mind. He's going to be a pilot.

This morning was about as amazing as they come for a 3-year-old boy who loves airplanes. Not only did Caleb get to go up in an airplane, he got to actually take the controls and fly. I can't describe how ecstatic I was for Caleb. It was like a dream come true for him.

I hadn't told him where we were going until just before we left. I just casually mentioned to him that he should probably put on his flight jacket, and when he asked why I just said that he might need it for when he flies in the airplane today. He didn't catch on right away to what I said, but it eventually hit him. Talk about excited!

We were flying for about an hour or so. Caleb seemed so focused on everything Tyler, the pilot, was doing. Caleb actually started to fall asleep toward the end of flight which totally cracked me up. We did some hard turns, dips, and touch & go's which Caleb loved of course.

I could not be more thankful for such a wonderful morning and for such wonderful people!


Before the flight...


Caleb was actually flying!


Caleb and his new favorite person, the Pilot (Tyler)


We Survived!


Touching the prop, making sure it wasn't broken.

No comments: