Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Progress.....

My third semester ended really well. Grades are in and very good! My individual counseling class was the biggest surprise to me. My undergrad student/client really did need someone to talk to and had some fairly big emotional breakdowns in our sessions. (No one else in my class had clients that did this!) Our last session ended with him thanking me so much for listening to him and for helping him so much. It was an extremely difficult class, but a huge blessing. I'm looking forward to taking child & adolescent counseling next semester since I'll be working mostly with that age group in the schools.

I only have about 8 classes left until my practicum and internship. This fall I'll start working in the college clinic for my practicum doing testing. My internship should start next fall, and my advisor seems confidant that she can get me into the school where Caleb will be. It would be such a huge answer to prayer to not only have the same schedule as Caleb, but also be working in his school system.

Caleb is still doing great in preschool. He's got a pretty aggressive streak, so I'm thinking about getting him into karate or some other sport. I want to try and channel that energy in a positive way. This kid is just so stinkin strong, and I don't think he realizes it. Gymnastics is still great, but I think it's time to add something to it.

Enjoy the pictures and videos of our winter staycation! We've been having so much fun!

No comments: