Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Staycation

Saturday was the official start of what I've been calling my "stay"cation with Caleb. I've been planning out quite a bit of fun stuff for us to do here in town as opposed to traveling to Florida with the rest of the family. Florida would've been fun, but I'm trying to save money, and honestly, it's kinda nice having the place all to ourselves.

So far, we've done the Oklahoma Science Museum, which is always fantastic. The next day we did a hotel stay downtown. The hotel had this awesome indoor kids water park, so I invited our friends to come along too. The view from the hotel room was amazing, and it literally looked right over the baseball field. Caleb loved that. We did dinner and ice cream downtown, followed by a boat ride through the Oklahoma canal. Caleb and I had so much fun in the hotel room jumping on the beds, eating snacks, and working on puzzles. We went to the pool again before bedtime, so by the time we got back to the room he was beat! He slept in till after 9, so I was a happy camper. Speaking of which, I bought a tent for a camp out, which is also on my staycation list for this week. Frontier City is coming up soon too. The fun never stops! :-)



awesome tree house at the science museum

view from our hotel room


boat ride on Oklahoma canal


No comments: